Community Resource Centers
Our Community Resource Center (CRC) model closely mirrors Goodwill Industries’ nationally shared resource model.
The shared resource model brings together two strong partners - Goodwill Industries and local community colleges to increase access to services, programs, and credential completion.
The NC Community College system partnership includes classroom upfitting for specialized training programs, college registration and instruction, Continuing Education Units (CEU) and credential certifications.
Goodwill Industries offers an array of supportive services, including: individual career counseling, resume development, online job search/applications, customized workshops, and job placement assistance. Strategical throughout our five county service area, locations enhance customer accessibility.
Taking advantage of concrete and supportive services accelerates employment opportunities, resulting in financially stable families and stronger communities.
In FY 2012-2013, our centers served 15,861 individuals in the five county territory. A reported 2,868 secured competitive employment - resulting in $47.3 million dollars earning potential added to the local economy.
- Network Resources - Utilize computers to access internet for job search, to complete online applications, and update your resume. Take advantage of tutorials to upgrade your computer skills, and review daily “hot leads” for local employment. A phone is available for scheduling interview appointments.
- Individual Career Counseling - Career counseling is of value if you are uncertain of your career path or in need of reinventing yourself. Call or visit to make an appointment.
- Resume Update - Need to update your resume? We can help. Develop a winning resume that showcases your strengths and experience. Please allow 5-7 business days to process most requests.
- Workshops - Customized workshops are periodically offered to target unique aspects of job readiness.
- Other Resources - Fax resumes and applications, browse job-related publications, search daily “hot leads”, and learn about other employment resources.