Last year, Goodwill served more than 13,000 people in our community resource centers. With your help, Goodwill can change even more lives this year. People in our community need to learn computer skills, resume writing skills and interviewing skills in order to get a job and become self-sufficient. Whether you volunteer in our community resource centers or in our stores, you help put people back to work. Please review the list of opportunities below to learn how you can help.
Retail and Donation Center Assistant
Volunteer will assist Retail Store and Donation Center employees with various tasks including:
- Greeting customers and donors
- Unloading donations from vehicles
- Sorting donations
- Stocking merchandise
- Organizing displays
- Volunteer must be at least 16-years-old
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Volunteers must provide background check from their local county courthouse. Background checks generally cost about $5. We recommend you submit your background check along with your application to speed up the process.
Want to Volunteer? Fill out an application today!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the volume of applications we receive, it could take several weeks to process your application before you can volunteer with us.
Corporate Volunteer Program
Are you a professional who has a skill to share? Maybe you enjoy helping others. Become a Triad Goodwill Corporate Volunteer and help Goodwill continue to serve our community. As a Corporate Volunteer, you can help out in a Goodwill resource center or career center assisting with job skills and money management training. Individuals and small groups are welcome.
Available positions (Some locations):
- Motivational Speaking Assistant
- Resume/ Cover Letter Writing Assistant
- Computer Lab Assistant
- Interview/ Soft Skills Assistant
- Financial Adviser Assistant (Volunteer will help teach basic money management principles and techniques)
How to volunteer: Complete a volunteer application, criminal background check and take a tour the Goodwill corporate office before beginning volunteer work.
Applications must be completed in full to be considered. You must also provide a criminal background check, which you can get from your local county courthouse for about $5.
Please note: Triad Goodwill does not offer any volunteer hours needed to fulfill a court requirement, unless they are court mandated. Please check with your lawyer or county courthouse to confirm if your hours are court mandated.
If you have questions about the volunteer process or have interest in completing community service hours, please contact email@example.com or call (336) 275-9801.